I am excited to announce the release of the open beta version of Revoshooter, our space shooter game! Join in now to get extra unit crates at the start of your journey.
How to Join the Beta
The beta test is open to public on the Google Play link above.
- How can I contact you? You can join the Quenchless Creative Discord Server so we can have a chat. Also, you can leave feedback through the Google Play page.
- Can I get access to the closed alpha build? If you want to test unreleased features, reach me on Discord and I will add you to the alpha testing. There may not be an alpha version at the time, though.
- What will I get for joining the beta? In game, you will get 5 steel crates, 2 golden crates and 1 diamond crate; containing orbiters, ships and cores. This won’t be available after release. I will also give online gift cards to the top testers who contact me through Discord and help me fix bugs, give suggestions etc.
- What do I need to test the game? To join the open beta, you need an Android device, since the game is released on Google Play. I can also send you a Windows build, if you don’t have access to Android; but it would be better to test on phones/tablets to identify platform specific issues.
Space Shooter With a Twist
Revoshooter is a “revolutionary” space shooter game, with comfortable and easy to get used to controls, specifically designed for mobile gameplay. The main objective of the game is to reach a certain planet on a randomly generated galaxy by travelling between planets and fighting enemies. Each planet is swarmed with different types of enemies, some even witheld by powerful bosses. The aim is to select appropriate loadout for each mission and fight enemies with tactical weapons.
- Protect the “core” from space pirates by tactically placing “orbiters” around it.
- Consider your enemies before choosing the appropriate units to use in the level.
- Fight using your ship and orbiters against swarm of enemies and powerful bosses.
- Salvage crates for units, upgrade them using upgrade cards.
- Go from galaxy to galaxy and save them from the bad guys.
- 3 different control types, choose whichever you are comfortable with.
- 7+ enemies.
- 3+ bosses, each with unique fight styles and tactic requirements.
- 6+ orbiters to choose from.
- 3+ ships with varying attributes.
- 3+ cute cores, each with different ultimate abilities (soon to be implemented)
- Powerups to temporarily boost your powers throughout the levels.
No Ads or In App Purchases
Considering my experience regarding the previous games, I decided to leave this game free from ads and in app purchases. It was clear that any form of ads and pay-gated items puts the game in a disadvantageous position. It is possible for a game to not reach its full potential in terms of player reach, when the game has any indication of ads or in app store.
To reach a broader user mass, I decided to make a completely free game. For this reason, I decided to design the in game systems and controls as accessible and easy as possible.
Know Your Units
Revoshooter has a TCG-esque card system, where the units in the game are represented as cards. This is only a representation style for the units and the game does not contain any TCG elements. There are 3 unit types: ship, orbiter and core. Ship is the main offence unit. Like most of the shooters, the ship shoots bullets in a pattern dependant on the ship type and upgrades collected. Orbiters are tactical units, positioned inside 3 directions of the core, and keep their positions with respect to the ship. The ship and the orbiters move around the core to protect it from taking heavy damage. If the core or the ship is destroyed, the game will be over.
There are various types of orbiters, each with different powers. “Laser Cannon” shoots lasers, obliterating foes in its path; “Bomber” deploys bombs that explode to deal area damage; “Medic” periodically repairs the ship; “Shield” blocks bullets from reaching to the core. The most important aspect of the game is to combine orbiters tactically to counter enemies and succeed missions.
Upgrades, The Pinacle of Progression
All of the units are upgradable. Upgrading a ship, for example, will improve aspects like shoot rate, number of bullets shot, health, damage etc. Each unit has its own progression path, in terms of attribute improvement throughout levels.
Upgrading units require upgrade cards. These cards are found inside loot crates gained from cleared planets. There are various crate types, which drop unit and upgrade cards from different rarities.
What About Variety?
Since the game is in the beta phase, there is a certain lack of variety in terms of units, enemies, bosses and environments. While this is a good entry point, I am aware that the gameplay may be a little repetitive after a few hours. I will definitely solve this problem by adding varied content, especially with unique boss designs and orbiter types.
I will continue to rapidly improve the game with constant updates, as long as there are people interested in the game. Since I won’t be getting any income from the game anyway, I will focus on the general reception to be motivated. In terms of future updates, with respective order, I will focus on:
- Bug fixes,
- Player suggestions,
- New content (enemies, orbiters, ships, bosses)
- New feature implementations (core powers etc.)
Please feel free to contact me through Discord or E-mail for any suggestions, opinions or bug reports. Click to join the Quenchless Creative discord server: https://discord.gg/xuwsEPF